I find it inspiring to work closely with my clients to help them achieve their personal, family and business goals. I have extensive experience and training in business development, business coaching, financial planning and wealth creation strategies. The successful implementation of cost-effective, practical and personalized strategies is the essence of good professional service.
Summary of Qualifications & Experience
- Over 40 years of business advisory experience in the Small Medium Enterprise segment.
- Extensive education and qualification covering accounting, taxation, business management, financial planning, loans, leasing and business coaching.
- Well-organized, self-motivated individual with an enthusiasm to learn and grow.
- Track record for consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Proven leadership and team building capability.
- Hands-on Investment. I have successfully invested in the full spectrum of Investment opportunities ranging from Property Development, Real Estate Investment, Share Trading, Share Investing and a number of Small Businesses.
- This unique and potent combination of expertise and experience will guarantee superior strategic advice that really makes a difference for clients.
Based on the Central Coast (NSW) and Sydney, I have been advising business and investment clients since 1979. I was promoted to partnership with the mid-tier Accounting firm Love & Wallace at age 25 in 1981. I commenced practice as a sole practitioner in 1988 as Robson & Company Chartered Accountants developing that business into the largest tri-disciplinary advisory firm on the Central Coast. Successfully combining the three key and interlinked disciplines of accounting and tax compliance with financial planning, and thirdly a fully resourced business growth, improvement and coaching service.
In 2009 I sold the business (Robson Partners) to the public company Countplus Limited and remained as the General Manager. I was responsible for both the operational and strategic company progress as well as the direction and focus of a portfolio of growing businesses and investment clients.
With over 40 years in public practice, I have extensive experience in accounting, audit, taxation, superannuation and financial planning, enabling me to offer clients a comprehensive consulting perspective that maximizes wealth creation through both business development and personal financial planning strategies.
Professional qualifications and memberships
* Bachelor of Commerce – Newcastle University Graduated 1979
* Institute of Chartered Accounts – Post Graduate (Professional Year) 1979/80
* Institute of Chartered Accountants – Specialist Financial Planning Designation Post Graduate Qualification 2004
* Registered Tax Agent – >35 years
* Registered Company Auditor ASIC >35 years
* Registered Superannuation Fund Auditor – ASIC >10 years
* Justice of Peace >35 years
* Financial Planning – Authorised Representative since 2001 – Synchron
* Member of the National Tax and Accountants Association Current Member, >25 years
* Fellow of CPA Australia – Current Member, >35 years
* Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia – Current Member, >30 years
* Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia [now CA ANZ] (Specialist Financial Planner designation) – Current Member, >35 years
* Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management – Current Member, >20 years
* Member of the Financial Planning Association of Australia – Current Member, >5 years
* Member of the Self Managed Superannuation Fund Professionals Association SPAA – Current Member, >15 years
Experience & Expertise
Wealth Creation & Financial Planning
Retirement planning, superannuation, self-managed super funds, direct share and managed fund investment advice, wealth protection
Loans & Leasing
Tax effective structuring, loan comparison, independent advice regarding loans, negative gearing and margin loan advice, investment and residential loans and debt reduction strategies. Formerly accredited loan and leasing broker.
Specialist Taxation Advice
General income, capital gains, GST and state taxation advice. Specialist experience in respect to the tax consolidation regime, acquisitions and mergers, tax structuring of the sale of business, family succession of businesses, tax aspects of estate planning, and property development taxation.
Forensic Accounting Assignments
Family Law investigations and valuations, Federal Court proceedings, expert witness testimony, valuations for shareholders and partnership agreement, preparation of insurance loss claims, calculation of the loss of profits due to particular business events, fraud and theft investigations quantifying, and legal briefing.
Expert witness, transaction, mediation and strategic support for Local, District, Family, Federal and Supreme Court Jurisdictions.
Business Growth & Improvement Services
Business planning, corporate strategy, expansion, property syndication, franchising, statutory and compliance services to clients, directorships and board advising, strategic reviews and implementation, family business planning and generational transfers, proactive business planning advice, tax and business plans.
Business Turnaround & Insolvency Support:
Advice strategy around the protection of business assets, cash flow, business rescue, creditors’ management, asset liquidation, taxation repayment and assistance with personal asset protection, bankruptcy, voluntary liquidation, and administration.